(Applies to PDFpen v.1 in iOS 7 and earlier and Macs running OS X 10.9 Mavericks and earlier).
Share documents between your devices with iCloud, sync your documents with Dropbox or Alfresco, or transfer files between devices using other cloud services.
- On your iPad or iPhone switch on iCloud storage from Tools > Settings. Once turned on your files are automatically saved to iCloud.
- In PDFpen on your Mac access iCloud documents by choosing File > "Open from iCloud." Changes saved to documents in iCloud are automatically shared between your Mac and iOS devices.
Dropbox / Alfresco:Select one or more of your Dropbox or Alfresco folders to sync documents with PDFpen on your iOS device, then access that folder's documents on your Mac.
- On your iPad switch on sync in Tools > Settings.
- From the main Documents view tap "Documents" > "Edit Sync Folders" in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Select Dropbox or Alfresco. You will be asked to allow PDFpen access to that service, tap "Allow."
- Tap to select one of your folders to sync. Once you've located that folder you want tap "+ Sync Folder." You will see your documents and any sub folders appear in PDFpen.
On your iPhone or iPad open a copy of a document from a cloud service in PDFpen for edits, then save a copy back to that cloud service.
Other Cloud Services:
Open a document in PDFpen:
- From the main Documents view tap + in the menu bar at the top.
- Tap on one of the options and you may be asked to sign into your account with that service or allow PDFpen access to it. Locate the document you wish to open and tap it.
Save a document copy to the cloud:
- Tap on a document to open it in PDFpen.
- Tap Tools > Share > Copy to ... (your service). If you have not already, you may be asked to login or allow PDFpen access.
- Choose a location to save a copy of your document.