If you purchased from the Mac App Store, then there is no upgrade option in the menu since the Mac App Store does not support upgrades. You will need to purchase the next version of the app from the App Store if you wish to stay in the App Store.
If you want to purchase an upgrade, with the discounted upgrade pricing, you can purchase an upgrade from our site.
1. Purchase an upgrade to the latest version on our Store. You will find your new license information on the last page of your checkout process, and emailed to you.
2. Download the latest version of the app from our site.
TextExpander | PDFpen | PDFpenPro
3. Install, launch, then register this new app with your newly purchased license.
Please follow these steps to register:
1. Launch TextExpander / PDFpen / PDFpenPro
2. Choose "Purchase / Register" from the "TextExpander / PDFpen / PDFpenPro" menu.
3. Enter the "Name" and "Serial #" as they appear in your receipt. Copy and paste to avoid errors.
(both are case-sensitive - for example, "surname" is not the same as "Surname" - and those are zeros in the serial number, not letter O).
If you purchased PDFpen / PDFpenPro from the App Store after October 15, 2012, your upgrade is free.
If you purchased TextExpander from the App Store after January 15, 2012, the upgrade is free. Once you install and open TextExpander 4, go to the registration screen, you will see "Mac App Store" in the registration fields and the Register button will be active. Click on it, and you are done.